Mark Colgan, CFP®
Private Wealth Advisor
I have experienced firsthand the power of setting and achieving audacious goals. For years, I’ve loved climbing the Adirondack Mountains. Every peak I summit helps me escape stress in my life and enjoy the beauty of nature. This is my personal example of doing what I love.
These moments remind me of the parallels between mountain climbing and financial planning. Like climbing a mountain, our life journey presents challenges and changes. Some we anticipate, and others we do not. Some we welcome, and others we do not. But whatever challenges we experience, we want our destination to ultimately be enjoyable.
I see my role in your life as your expert guide with experience, knowledge, and resources to help you safely reach your desired destination and enjoy the journey along the way.When you’re ready to begin this journey, I’ll make sure:
- You are clear about your destinations
- The journey is well mapped out
- You are properly equipped for your journey
- You have contingency plans in case of emergencies
- Your goals are recorded and shared with those you love
- Your milestones are recognized and celebrated
At Montage Wealth Management, we have been guiding corporate executives and busy retirees for more than 25 years through times of personal change— from celebrating bright moments to weathering dark ones--with the goal of always preparing for what comes next.
When choosing to “work” with someone who is going to play a significant role in managing your financial future, you should feel confident knowing that with a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) professional, you’re working with someone committed to providing the highest standards of financial planning. CFP professionals are held to strict ethical standards. What’s more, a CFP® professional must attain several years of experience delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the painstaking and comprehensive CFP Certification Exam before they can call themselves a CFP professional.
Mark's expertise in estate planning is underscored by several accomplishments:
- Author of Details After Death: Navigating the logistics after a loved one dies
- Articles appearing in U.S. News and World Report, the Journal of Financial Planning, American Association of Individual Investors, and Money Adviser, a consumer reports publication.
- Cited by FOX News, CBS MarketWatch, Oprah and Friends, Morningstar.com, and other mainstream media
Mark loves mountain climbing and is on his way to becoming a proud member of the “Adirondack 46er,” an exclusive group of people that have climbed all 46 of the high peaks in the Adirondack park. Mark exclaims, "there is something powerful about being outdoors, surrounded by nature and raw beauty, and pushing my mental and physical limits."
When Mark climbs, his mind clears, and he is able to think on a deeper level than in the normal fast-paced world. A lot of extreme sports enthusiasts and outdoorsmen feel the same way, and a lot of his clients are folks who enjoy these kinds of activities.
Mark currently lives in Honeoye Falls, New York, with his wife, Kathy, beautiful children Christopher and Emily, and thier beloved cat Rex and Labradors, Cooper and Colby.
EducationMark has been in the financial services industry for nearly three decades, and prior to that, he earned a BS in finance from the Rochester Institute of Technology. Some of his credentials are:
- CFP® practitioner
- FINRA Series 7 registration (General Securities Representative)*
- FINRA Series 63 registration (Uniform Securities Agent State Law)*
- FINRA Series 65 registration (Uniform Investment Adviser Law)*
- Life and Health Insurance licenses
- Registered Representative and Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held independent broker/dealer in the nation, to take advantage of all the services and resources they offer